Where can I find my prior year’s 1099?

Created by Anil Kumar Kumar Kotla, Modified on Wed, 24 Jan at 2:17 AM by Anil Kumar Kumar Kotla

If you need a copy of a prior year 1099, you can request a Wage and Income Transcript here.


Requesting one online is generally the quickest way to get a copy, but you can also make a request through fax or mail.  The Wage and Income transcript will have all income information reported to the IRS, and the good news is every financial document sent to you is also sent to the IRS.


Note: Wage transcripts only include up to 85 income documents and may not always have the information available for the current tax year.


If you're unable to obtain the IRS transcripts online and are having trouble with obtaining the paper version, the next best thing is to call the IRS directly.


This content is provided for informational purposes only and should not be construed as tax, legal, financial, accounting, or other advice. Rules and regulations vary by location and are subject to change, so please consult with an expert if you need advice specific to you.


Any third-party links are provided for informational purposes only. The third parties and their sites are not endorsed by Beem and beem is not responsible for, and has no control over, their content, privacy policies, or terms of service.

Was this article helpful?

That’s Great!

Thank you for your feedback

Sorry! We couldn't be helpful

Thank you for your feedback

Let us know how can we improve this article!

Select at least one of the reasons
CAPTCHA verification is required.

Feedback sent

We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article