How do I file if I moved to a different state last year?

Created by Anil Kumar Kumar Kotla, Modified on Wed, 24 Jan 2024 at 04:43 AM by Anil Kumar Kumar Kotla

Please note that Beem does not support multiple state filings at this time. For coverage details and other important legal information about Filer, you can read more here


For the year of your move, you'll file a part-year resident tax return in each state, but don’t worry - you won't have to pay double the state tax. Each state will look at the income you've earned while you were living there, but most states don't look at the income earned elsewhere.  


Take a look at the bottom of your W-2. If you didn’t need to change jobs when you moved, your W-2 should show how much income and taxes were applied to each state.


Additional Resources:

This content is provided for informational purposes only and should not be construed as tax, legal, financial, accounting, or other advice. Rules and regulations vary by location and are subject to change, so please consult with an expert if you need advice specific to you.


Any third-party links are provided for informational purposes only. The third parties and their sites are not endorsed by Beem and Beem is not responsible for, and has no control over, their content, privacy policies, or terms of service.

Was this article helpful?

That’s Great!

Thank you for your feedback

Sorry! We couldn't be helpful

Thank you for your feedback

Let us know how can we improve this article!

Select atleast one of the reasons
CAPTCHA verification is required.

Feedback sent

We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article